In some Nokia device models, when you update using the Nokia Software Updater, user data – such as contacts and pictures – will be deleted (the Nokia Software Updater will warn you if this is the case).
* Great new features
* Updated applications
* Performance improvements
Using your PC to update
* PC with 1GHz or higher Pentium-compatible processor
* At least 512 MB of free RAM (memory)
* Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista (64-bit, Home and Professional). Other OS (including Mac and Linux with Windows emulators) may work, but are untested.
* Administration rights on the PC while installing
* High-speed internet connection
* Compatible Nokia device with SIM card (and charger if necessary – the update will not start if there is insufficient power in the battery)
* Compatible Nokia USB connection cable. Use the USB cable that came in the sales package with your Nokia device. If you don't have a cable, you can find a list of the cables that are compatible with your device model in the Nokia website support Accessories section. Note: If prompted, use PC Suite, Normal or Nokia mode.
* Compatible USB port on your PC. Note: Please connect your USB cable directly to the PC – do not use a USB Hub.